[lbo-talk] What's the Matter With Kansas This Week

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Nov 11 22:41:14 PST 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Bartels points out that Kansas has been among the most reliably
> Republican of states for 100 years. FDR barely carried it in '36, as I
> recall. So isn't what's the matter with Kansas an old story?

It is an old story. But then how much money and resources have radicals and progressives spent on Kansas? That's right, next to nothing. It's this fact that often make me roll my eyes when I read another liberal article wailing about how the Republicans are so well-organized. Fuck that shit about "framing"--spend some money here in Kansas and Oklahoma and Nebraska. A little bit of effort can go a long way out here. The liberals I know in Kansas City are the most motivated, angry liberals I've ever known. ;-)

There are plenty of like-minded people out on the prairie. Talk to them about economic issues and they'll forget about that same sex marriage shit that the Republicans feed them.

Chuck0