[lbo-talk] What's the Matter With Kansas This Week

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Nov 12 08:36:38 PST 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:
> Well, Chuck a woman of color was seriously considered by the Bush
> White House for SCOTUS. Senate liberals and pwoggies like Move.on
> fought hard against her in the recent period.
> Weird for an anarchist to ignore the far reaching power of the
> SCOTUS over our lives and the danger of a consolidation of a hard

As I told Michael offlist, the Republicans understand that overturning Roe v. Wade would be political suicide. More than a few analysts have pointed out that the Republicans can't risk alienating women voters who they've been courting for many years.

The liberal Left is only halfheartedly fighting against these nominations. As my essay pointed out, as long as you accept the legitmacy of the court to decide these controversial matters, you are going to get burned when a better financed opponent uses the court for their social agenda. If the Liberal left wants to stand up for choice and women's health, then why aren't they building more clinics.

And what's up with the recent comments from Dean and other Democrats that indicate that they oppose abortion rights? If you are worried about Roe v. Wade (which people shouldn't be), then why is the party that is supposed to support that decision getting away with all this weaseling?

I should note that Michael is the only person to email me with a adisagreement to my op-ed about the stupidity of the Supreme Court.

Chuck