[lbo-talk] more news from the motherland...

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Nov 14 11:47:45 PST 2005

ravi :

-clip-

Last week, walking by Mahatma Gandhi road, I came across the not uncommon sight of fashionable teenagers sporting western styles and mannerisms, prominent among them a young chap with a T-shirt displaying a large red swastika with a picture of Hitler at the center, and just to remove doubt, the word "NAZI" in bold lettering beneath.

^^^^ CB: I'm not historically knowledgeable enough to know whether a joke about Aryans would be rude or racist.

^^^^^^^

Yesterday I noticed that the lamp posts were plastered with ads, each alternate one displaying a pretty young Indian girl, recommending a particular mobile phone service. Clearly visible on her left wrist, a fashion accessory: a wristband with the familiar confederate crossbars.