[lbo-talk] GM Bankruptcy Fears Rising on Wall Street

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Tue Nov 15 13:58:45 PST 2005

Eugene Vilensky

Perception of quality, too. Honda once released an entire line of automatic transmission (used across their entire lineup) that basically grind themselves up every 40k miles. Don't hear much about that, though...

Those aren't incompatible hypotheses. There are too many carmakers,

so the crappier ones take the hit.

Doug

And the third Corolla I owned was a complete lemon. Just about everything possible failed on that rig before it finally blew up. The first two were tanks, though. I always wondered if the unlucky third was built in the USA. . . .