[lbo-talk] Abortion, not a women's issue. How about femicide?

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Nov 16 06:27:22 PST 2005

-clip-

This is why, for me, the whole discussion about whether reproductive freedom is a woman's issue or a man's issue simply exposes the fallacy of gender-based politics. Whatever affects women affects men and vice versa. (Master/Slave in another guise.) The greatest advance in "sexual liberation" will come when we all recognize that military subscription is both a man's and woman's issue and that the right to abortion is not just a woman's issue....etc. Until we learn to speak in this new way, we will forever be splitting the working class into more and more ineffectual splinters.

Joanna

^^^^^ Yes, and the way to win men to feminism is to argue that women's liberation will benefit and liberate women _and_ men. Happier women will mean happier men.

Charles