[lbo-talk] Feminism: equality or vengeance?

Rotating Bitch info at pulpculture.org
Wed Nov 16 10:56:49 PST 2005

At 01:16 PM 11/16/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>peacenow at theofficenet.com wrote:
>
>>What i find profoundly sad and discouraging is that the term feminism simply
>>means the strivings by women (& men as well) to attain rights equal to men.
>
>Isn't it also about changing men, our ideas of masculinity (and
>femininity), and how men & women relate to each other? It's not just about
>making women resemble men, is it?

it means a whole lotta different things -- slips slides along the signifying chain like that. that's why people started talking about feminismS, though no doubt Cat would have something to say about _that_. it's also why I fell in love with black feminist thought many years ago: feminist movement. not a movement. feminist movement.

feminists moving.

now, don't forget to vote! http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/13/persistent-bitch/

(102 votes in and open 'til midnight tonight.)

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/16/no-cock-left-behind/ (and don't forget to love cock!)

"Scream-of-consciousness prose stylings, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults" -- Dennis Perrin

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org