[lbo-talk] Abortion, not a women's issue. How about femicide?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 16 12:14:17 PST 2005

The firebrand rhetoric that Kelley quoted comes from <http:// thagmano.blogspot.com/>. The profile says only that the blogger is a woman who lives in DC. Presumably, she's one of "them" who are "generating it themselves," i.e., one of the working-class women on the left who are expressing their incendiary thoughts. One good thing about blogs and the like is that it allows ordinary people to express themselves without having to please gatekeepers -- publishers, editors, etc. Since most editors, publishers, etc. are men, even on the left, the DIY media can help women.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>