[lbo-talk] letter to the editor

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Nov 16 13:27:44 PST 2005

Carl Remick wrote:

> Neither do I, so that makes this whole discussion pretty meta. But
> judging from occasional NPR interludes that I've endured on long car
> trips, I would have to agree with Doug. There is a certain pious voice
> timbre characteristic of the network's announcers that I call the "NPR
> whine," which is tough to take for any length of time.

I was interviewed by Eric Westervelt back in January 2001 for a story NPR was doing on the inauguration protests in D.C. One of my friends in Chicago told me later that he heard the interview and said that it was a nice surprise hearing my baritone voice in contrast "to those shrill NPR liberal voices" coming voer his radio.

Chuck