[lbo-talk] Re: No cock left behind

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 17 08:44:35 PST 2005

Dear List:

boddi writes:

> I tie them to DNA. Every single cell in my body is male and
every cell in your body is female and there is no way to alter that. compared to the genetic difference between men and women, all men are genetically identical and all women are genetically identical.

First a personal word to boddi:

If you look back in the archives you will see that LBO is allergic to arguments about genetic definitions of sexuality, gender, etc. The path has been argued before (and for the moment I cannot quite remember who that foolish LBOster was), but has become grown over from disuse.

Now to your specific points:

> There aren't four genders or six, and certainly no odd number.

I think there may be as many as 23 or 27. After all, what is gender but a role we play? Can we only play two roles? What gender is a butch femme? A transfag? A cd male?

> We don't lose and gain gender.

So a transexual never changes gender?

> Again, why think that we are so different from other animals?

There is a fish that goes from male to female.

> You don't create political gender equality by pretending that there's
no difference between men and women.

But you do create it by saying there are only two genders?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister (married to a fabulous gender variant male)