[lbo-talk] No cock left behind

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 09:38:01 PST 2005

Although Boddi's ideas inspire me to write a lengthy response (particularly that astounding bit about people being all female or all male at the cellular level -- amazing), I'll refrain because others have that situation well in-hand.

I did want to contribute one observation...

After following this so far, I completely and totally understand the sheer exhaustion of women who've had to argue these points for years (decades!) over and over again. This would make me want to reach for my vomit gun too.

There's now an immense body of literature available, much of it cited -- again and again -- on this very list.

It really is time for men on the left to clue-up and debate the matter with the background reading done. No need to agree with every assertion, but the challenges should move on the same plain as the ideas under scrutiny.

I remember, early on during my time here, getting into a fracas about artificial intelligence, of all things.

As I recall, the problem wasn't disagreement (inevitable) but the fact that many of the arguments presented were as dry and ancient as a mummy resting beneath the Giza complex: things people had picked up in grad courses a decade or more in the past.

There seems to be a similar tossing about of corpse-like ideas in this thread; mostly by Boddi.

.d.