[lbo-talk] Demonising normal behaviors

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 10:35:52 PST 2005

I get into my car, drive to downtown Seattle, well-satisfied that I am not driving underneath the appallingly expensive Monorail the voters rejected. I go into Tully's and get a coffee that is not absolutely guaranteed to be shade-grown organic picked by union workers. There I pick up a Financial Times and look in the currencies section.

"Damn," I say. "Where the hell is M3?"

The barista asks me what I said and I look up and notice that she is young and beautiful with big breasts, showing a lot of cleavage. Reflexively, I smile at her.

To my lefist friends I am an anti-gay, misogynist sexist, an apologist for Supply-Siders who are actually Crypto-Keyenesians. I am intent on destroying the environment and perpetuating the economic slavery of the third world. Moreover, I am a tax-hating Republican who doesn't understand the need for public transit.

All this and I thought I was just on my way to meet my buddy from the Green Party to encourage him to run for City Council.

It is very demanding to be on the Left.

peace

boddi