[lbo-talk] A sample from Bob Dylan's memoir

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:33:15 PST 2005

>From: Louis Kontos <Louis.Kontos at liu.edu>
>>
>Carl,
>Did Dylan do something bad to your sister or something else we should all
>know about, that would help make sense of your recent posts? It doesn't
>seem
>that you know much about Dylan or music or writing. You do seem, though, to
>have strong opinions on these subjects.

And I'm in the distinct minority, Louis, have no fear! Wander the Web sometime scouting out opinions on St. Bob, and I guarantee you will find they almost universally laudatory. I have been hearing hosannas about Dylan's general excellence for most of my life now, going back nearly 40 years. I have never found the man anything but a pack of irritating mannerisms and banal or mystifying remarks portentously delivered, but almost no else agrees with my POV. Dylan's faithful followers are legion and would seem to have a stranglehold on public opinion. So please permit one lone dissenter to boo from the sidelines.

Carl