[lbo-talk] You should be starving...

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Fri Nov 18 05:01:49 PST 2005

From: Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com>

> I've spent many hours talking to Indian call-center workers and have never
failed to be impressed by their limitless patience and politeness.

On the occasions I've had to ask for a supervisor, it's been because, like all front-line call center workers, they've been bound by scripts and procedures and I've needed to get forward to second-level quickly. (Once, at a work situation, I had a long-running problem with the internal call center calls to India--that had to do with the quality of the connection.) The supervisors have, on more than one occasions, assumed that my disgruntlement had to do with the workers being Indian--never the case.