[lbo-talk] No cock left behind

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:56:24 PST 2005

Comrades Charles,

Thank you for the warm greeting. Glad to see you still hacking away at the leftmost branchings of the netroots.

Of course, if one is not a brute, one finds no enjoyment in contact when one is not desired. Still, be honest, never a lap dance, comrade? Do you deny the validity of our sister sex workers' labor?

Kidding aside, I think I was just telling an uncontroversial truth. Men spend a LOT of time looking at girls. Nobody told me that ogling women is acceptable and certainly not when I was 13, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't have stopped if I'd wanted to. I'm pretty sure I can't stop now.

I'm not proud of it, but I would guess that you are pretty much the same way, no? Or are libraries truly so sexually charged that you can't risk a sideward glance without a sexual melee ensuing? I've always suspected it was thus.

Comrade Dennis,

I don't question that there are complexities, certainly. I think that they come from the age-old practice of linking gender to social norms and mythologies. I think gender is independent from these norms and myths. Why create more, necessarily narrowing definitions of gender? What's the utility?

peace

boddi