[lbo-talk] No cock left behind

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Nov 18 14:19:33 PST 2005

Boddi:

Comrade Charles,

Thank you for the warm greeting. Glad to see you still hacking away at the leftmost branchings of the netroots.

^^^^

CB: Yea, one makes friends and comrades in the email list thingy.

^^^^^^

Of course, if one is not a brute, one finds no enjoyment in contact when one is not desired. Still, be honest, never a lap dance, comrade? Do you deny the validity of our sister sex workers' labor?

^^^^^ CB: Oh, I see what you mean. I'd say there's some fantasizing about being desired in that. Certainly still desiring to be desired, no ?

^^^^^

Kidding aside, I think I was just telling an uncontroversial truth. Men spend a LOT of time looking at girls. Nobody told me that ogling women is acceptable and certainly not when I was 13, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't have stopped if I'd wanted to. I'm pretty sure I can't stop now.

I'm not proud of it, but I would guess that you are pretty much the same way, no? Or are libraries truly so sexually charged that you can't risk a sideward glance without a sexual melee ensuing? I've always suspected it was thus.

^^^^^ CB: Isn't there some fantasizing about being desired in these ?

Standing on the corner watching all the girls go by, don't you want them to want you ?

Speaking of grounding in biology, you know on this looking thing, primates at the monkey stage had to have good vision up in the trees. So, relative to some other species, sight became more important than smell. Dogs smell and hear "better" than they see. Primates at the monkey stage have visual emphasis, don't smell and hear as well.

On the other hand, 'females' not only look good, they feel good ; that feel is significantly naturally constructed. Aretha Franklin has a song "Givin' him something he can feel." Actually, the natural ( oh dreaded word) pitch of their voices sounds good. I like to hear them talk as well as look at them ( when they are happy at me; see, being liked is critical)

Most of them smell pretty good too, though these are socially constructed smells, Miles will tell you correctly.

All kidding back in :>)