[lbo-talk] Sex, Gender, and Sexuality

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:22:51 PST 2005

C. Dennis,

If you read the report she cites you will find that 1.5 out of the 1.728 number she cites comes from "late-onset CAH" and that number comes from a single study which has been frequently cited but never confirmed by another investigation. That study assumes, as far as I can see, that a gene the researchers believe to be associated with "late-onset CAH" actually causes the disorder to be expressed in all who exhibit the gene and that their population estimates are correct.

Therefore I say again that the number is high and, even if it wasn't, that it does not represent a continuum implying non-dimorphism because every number they cite is associated with a serious, identifiable disorder.

boddi