[lbo-talk] Shuttle. Click

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 16:29:08 PST 2005

Rotating Bitch wrote:

> would lurv some feedback on this. Does it help to understand Butler at
> all? Is it even 'getting' Butler and those pomofreaks who can't write?
> I whipped it off in 30 minutes. heh. that's was DP must eman by scream
> of consciousness. So, no doubt, I must be getting something way, way
> wrong.

I liked it. Whether it "gets" Butler, I can't say because it would mean that I would have to spend an hour or so parsing her crap to get her, and then I would have to compare my "getting" with your "getting." I don't have time for that. Why, in any case, is it important to 'get' Butler?

The first time anyone called me a bitch, it was on the tennis court. I was sixteen and I was playing a guy with muscles. I drove a backhand down the line and he couldn't even get close to it. So he yelled, "Bitch !!!" I realized instantly that this was the highest compliment he had every paid me. I savored the moment, and I remember it thirty five years later.

My ex also called me a bitch a couple of times, but that was OK too because he always said it to express frustration at not being able to completely control me.

The only women I have called bitches were some former managers who were deep into corporate psychobabble and who interfered with my doing my work. I didn't expect help; I just didn't want interference. I think when a woman calls a woman a bitch, it's different from when a man calls her a bitch.

One the one hand, I like 'bitch' because it suggests that a woman is uppity, not controllable, and intensly physically female. All Good Things. On the other hand, it's their word. (It's not like black people calling themselves 'n-word.' It's not that). But it's not my word -- it's qualifying myself in their terms....

...does it explode the term? I'm not sure. Poetically, yea. Politically????

Joanna I