[lbo-talk] Marko vs Living Marxism

M.A. Hoare mah20 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 19 15:12:24 PST 2005

On Nov 19 2005, James Heartfield wrote:

>Marko writes
>
>> Living Marxism never condemned
>> Milosevic's crimes
>
>But as usual, he is wrong.
>
> 'Milosevic is certainly a brutal, self-serving politician and the Serbian
> forces have certainly been responsible for many civilian deaths in
> Bosnia.' Living Marxism July 1992
>
> 'President Slobodan Milosevic of Yugoslavia, who has been singled out as
> the target of Blair's progressive war, certainly has a grim record of
> repressing the ethnic Albanian minority within Serbia.' Editorial, May
> 1999
>
>Smear, smear, smear.

Talk about selective quotation ! Why, anybody reading the quotes Heartfield provides would think that they were not mere token acknowledgements that Milosevic wasn't a very nice person, buried in pages and pages devoted to defending and apologising for him ! Perhaps he could post the full texts from which he took these quotes, so we can all see their true context...