[lbo-talk] Chomsky v Marko

M.A. Hoare mah20 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 19 15:24:35 PST 2005

On Nov 19 2005, Dennis Perrin wrote:

>Marko:
>
>> I'm not particularly interested in the purity or otherwise of the
>> motives of Bush and Blair; they're probably a mixture of moral motives
>> and self-interest, like those of the rest of us. Bush comes across to me
>> as a less cynical and self-interested individual than Michael Moore, for
>> example, but maybe that's just my bias... But whatever their motives,
>> I'm glad the US and Britain liberated Western Europe from the Nazis in
>> the 1940s; I'm glad they contained and overthrew the Soviet Union; and
>> I'm glad they rescued the Kosovo Albanians in 1999. If that's all the
>> result of selfish imperialist-capitalist interests; well then, long live
>> selfish imperialist-capitalist interests !
>
>God, what idiotic, ahistorical tripe. It's not even worth rebutting.
>
>Dennis

Or just not in accordance with the neo-Stalinist worldview of the Brontosaurus left, that probably still thinks that the nationalised means of production in North Korea represent some sort of "progress" worth defending. What will you have left when the democratic revolution reaches North Korea, Belarus, Cuba and China ?