[lbo-talk] Re: Instinct

Arash arash at riseup.net
Sat Nov 19 19:29:05 PST 2005

>No, the gay-bashers will just redefine homosexuality as a genetic
>abnormality and advocate gene therapy to "correct" this genetic
>disorder. (I'm not kidding.)

Good luck trying to figure out a gene therapy for homosexuality. We're a long way from figuring out all the genes that could contribute to homosexuality let alone a gene therapy that would alter behavior. That's even if homosexuality is rooted in genetics and not some other biological factor like exposure to hormones in the womb. But taking a look at the compelling case for homosexuality's biological roots, such as with concordance in twin studies, does illustrate the particular stupidity and cruelty involved in these Christian right social reprogramming attempts.

>Even as a political strategy, calling
>homosexuality "natural" is a nonstarter.
>
>Miles

It does if you like your political strategies to be rooted in reality.