[lbo-talk] Re: from Dylan's memoir

peacenow at theofficenet.com peacenow at theofficenet.com
Sat Nov 19 18:13:33 PST 2005

Seem to have trouble penetrating the clique here as i am not famous, nor an academic, nor a paid writer other than one piece for Anti Racist Action. Not knowing the many years of dialog, yet i love some of what is discussed, but as usual, am on the fringes with my thoughts and writings. sigh. I gave up the papers, the credentials, the degree, the utlimate attainment of higher education for the duration of a peace camp at Big Mountain. Twice. Once in '86 and again in '99, but that is another story....

Dylan also gave a boost to John Trudell back in the day. I appreciate the little i know of his support of radical activists, including a woman who was a frontliner supported by several of the leftie inhabitants of Pacific Palisades or wherever the heck those that supported AIM lived during those times. Max Gail, Martin Sheen, etc. Her name was Valerie, but i don't remember her last name. She did C.D. for the right reasons.

I know some film people who rub shoulders with the known, but what good does it do when one is trudging the path of the obscure. Heather Rae did the documentation of Trudell who i crossed paths with several times in my 22 years supporting traditional Dineh resisters to forced relocation and genocide. Haven't seen it yet, but it has been offered to me as a fund raiser for my work.

I wonder what happens to one who is so famous. Dylan did assist those i encounter who rebel deeply against genocide. I cannot forget that. His actions touched several directly in positive ways.

The first commitment i have after my last child is to the ending of genocide against Indigenous peoples and the femicide attendent to that.

In peaceful, obscure str