[lbo-talk] Re: A sample from Bob Dylan's memoir

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 23:39:16 PST 2005

> As for his politics, who knows, but he did make some
> nice remarks about
> Paul Wellstone after his death, and has referred to
> Al Gore as his "buddy".

He played Chimes of Freedom at Clinton's Second? Inagural. I have the boot.

> But perhaps of more interest for some on this list,
> a few years ago he was
> listed on the Highlander annual report as having
> made a contribution to
> Highlander.

Dylan has always been a staunch antiracist -- from The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll to George Jackson and Hurricane to Blind Willie McTell, he's stood against racism with absolute consistency. He's also never retired Masters of War from his repetoire, and since the Iraq war the versions I have heard in concert and on boots have been blistering.