[lbo-talk] Chomsky v Marko

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 09:40:08 PST 2005

No, I can see how someone could see a self-made person of working class background as being more "cynical and self-interested" than the spoiled scion of a filthy rich family who is handed everything in life and believes he has a direct line to the almighty. This follows a certain very perverse logic. After all, Bush has every reason to believe in the system that promoted his sorry excuse for a self to the presidency of the most powerful country on earth. No cynicism required there and the self was always served before it could even formulate a desire.

As for Mr. Hoare, the less said the better.

Joanna