[lbo-talk] We do not need an exit strategy. We need an exit.

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 14:36:47 PST 2005

First to Travis, thank you for the offlist and onlist discussion and points you made on these threads in response to my worries about one type of atrocious violence from the US/UK occupation being replaced by another, which there has been for months evidence of, specifically the SCIRI and Da'wa death squads with USG covert support.

Chuck, I said to you offlist that I do unlike you have greater fears that the Republican sectors of the working class, (not insubstantial, hell a slight majority of the membership of the UAW voted for Reagan in '84 ) not the working class in toto) have so heavily invested in right-wing mythologies that objectively run counter to their true interests, thast I fear a vicious right-wing backlash from below and above with a msass base in these right-wing sectors of the proles. And

that your faith (like third party left electoralists which you aren't) and that the Republicans and Democrats are both collapsing rapidly, is illusory.

A pay check from the DNC? As likely as the one Gloria Steinem got from the CIA, http://www.namebase.org/foia/festival.html -- Michael Pugliese