[lbo-talk] A Pathetic Congress (and Opposition? What Opposition?)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 15:36:07 PST 2005

On Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:02 PM [PDT], Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> offlisted:

> cindy sheehan on the national advisory board of the progressive
> democrats of america would disagree...as would barbara lee, lynn
> woolsey and 70-100 democrats in the house of reps. you ever listen to
> speeches by left DEMOCRATS LIKE SAY KUCINICH ON THE IMMORALITY OF THE
> US SLAUGHTER OF IRAQIS?

Cindy Sheehan is a "civilian" and entitled to believe whatever she wants.

As far a "special" K goes(and I do support the department of peace), I don't trust him, his long term political aspirations impede his ability to speak out effectively NOW. The others.. with a few notable exceptions, such as Barbara Lee, Mc Kinney, will do what their constituency wants.

I've said this before... multiple times. Debunk it if you think you can.

What their constituents want is to be able to drive down to the corner store for the tampons, cigs and beer... whatever... whenever they damn well feel like it.

That means we stay in the ME C.Asia everywhere there are hydrocarbon deposits. We, as a national unit, are NEVER going to be willing to leave, till it's all gone, and perhaps not then either.

The Dems are ABSOLUTELY COMPLICIT, and comfortable with that at the organizational level, there will be no change in that policy (written or not) if they expect to survive as a political party in American society and culture.

It would be foolish to think otherwise, unless the Dems want to self destruct by telling Americans that their way of life needs to be "downsized" soon and rapidly.

Leigh www.leighm.net

Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/ Got RSS?: http://www.furl.net/members/leighm/rss.xml