[lbo-talk] Re: Instinct

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 21 10:47:07 PST 2005

Dear List:

Arash writes:

> If being gay depends on a particular set of genes
and an enviromental trigger, one could miss the enivronmental trigger and turn out straight.

Quel horreur!!! To be so close and yet so far. Is there someway that the deprived can backtrack and trip the trigger? Or is it a case of once missed, forever missed?

> This is not a case of nature or nature, my point
here is that you can't nurture just any nature for this behavior, you need a particular nature (set of genes) to start with.

Well, I should hope so. I am all for egalitarianism, but this "anybody can be queer" notion seems a bit much. Just not cricket if you know what I mean.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister