[lbo-talk] Chomsky on Srebrenica & "genocide"

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 17:35:20 PST 2005

Michael P:

What makes Noam so sacrosanct?

============

Not a thing.

But you know, I wasn't really thinking of Noam -- and his human, human, all too human -- fallibility at all but Dr. Hoare and that ocean of text he produced which asks us to conclude, if we care to delve into the matter *and* accept his evidence and argument, that Professor Chomsky was mistaken about this topic.

This may be news to a certain sort of person -- the hero worshiper or very naive (and of course, the most regrettable sort: the very naive hero worshiper)-- but surely isn't news to most folks here I reckon.

You see, I think that, at this point, lengthy investigations into how wrong Chomsky was (again, assuming all that Hoare text - and whatever other pieces are out there - are spot on) is sort of like arguing in the car with your lover about some vital moment from your past while, directly ahead, an 18 wheeler rockets head on towards you.

Eyes on the road, hands upon the wheel.

"Priority placement is at least half the battle". Napoleon said that. Or, if he didn't, he should have so my quote would be accurate and not made up.

Which it is.

.d.