[lbo-talk] A truly bizarre and pathetic exchange

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 21 20:54:08 PST 2005

>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/08/AR2005110801072.html?sub=AR

The scary part of this exchange is that I recognize Rummy's thinking; it's the typical private sector approach to the public sector (writ large); these jeezly paper pushers are wasting resources, they can do the job I sent them to do it with less. Dammit, they will do it with less and I'll make sure of it. If they can't do the job with what we give 'em, the hell with them and the consequences, it's 5000 miles from here anyway. Clean the factory, build the care, bottle the pharmaceuticals safely? Do it with less? Same goes for invading, occupying and rebuilding a country.

Kind of like going to see the 'Swansea Conference' and getting that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach that, except for the subject matter, 'You've been to meetings like that'. Minor bureaucratic battles that have, literally, catastrophic consequences, and no one seems to notice.

Anyone else get the feeling that dimbulb is being left on his own these days with no one to defend him but the looney right; Cheney accusing everyone who questions the invasion a traitor, back pedalling on slamming congress, no one seems to be left running the factory.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo