[lbo-talk] No Business As Usual-National Day of Absence

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 23 07:24:29 PST 2005

Charles Brown wrote:

>Wow, two months of prep and it's still this obscure?
>
>Doug
>

>CB: All one can do is send a copy of the announcement to the list. Can't
>make people read my posts :>)
>
>NYC, Baltimore, Boston, Detroit, Cleveland City Councils have supported it
>with resos. That's not sectarian work. City Council members represent tens
>of thousands of people. Definitively _not_ sectarian.
>
>It's not like the monopoly media is going to announce it as a public
>service. How would you broadcast it ?

I read your posts. I guess I just forgot about it.

No, the bourgeois press is not going to promote something like this. But the organizers could have used emails and posters. I don't recall seeing a single poster about this, despite the NYC council endorsement. Maybe it's just because, as some of my WBAI colleagues like to say, I'm just not out in the "community."

City councils do endorse all sorts of things in a pro forma way, of course.

Doug