[lbo-talk] lawless

J. Tyler jptyler at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 25 22:10:14 PST 2005

Aren't all societies lawless? As a lawyer who practices in a politically charged field, my experience is that courts routinely and blatantly disregard the "law" (i.e., established principles of general applicability), which means it can't exist. Only power exists; and I assume this holds for all societies.

Bush v. Gore would confirm this as well. No lawyer who has any understanding of equal protection doctrine (most do not) could see the decision as "law." And it does no good to say that a society "mostly" has law. It's like pregnancy. Either it's there or it isn't. And it isn't.