[lbo-talk] We can lose, or we can just lose later

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 06:23:49 PST 2005

>From: boddi satva <lbo.boddi at gmail.com>
>
>... It's just appalling to compare American soldiers - often kids from
>underprivileged circumstances and National Guardsmen who mainly serve
>to do terrible things like save people from floods - to Nazi soldiers ...

Ah yes, this is an appalling comparison. Just ask the Iraqis who live in Stalingrad -- oops! I mean Fallujah.

Elsewhere in this thread you said:

>I thank soldier in uniform (active duty) and people I know to have
>recently served, just as I would thank firefighters who had recently
>fought a fire in my neighborhood.

But firefighters break down doors to *save* civilians, not shoot them as US troops do. Firefighters *extinguish* conflagrations; they don't start them, as the US armed forces did when they invaded Iraq creating a firestorm of Islamic hatred toward the US that could rage for generations.

Carl