[lbo-talk] A Journey That Ended in Anguish (LA Times)

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Nov 27 16:25:17 PST 2005

I think this guy was murdered. WDK

-----------

I read the article and agree. Westhusing was a Senior Advisor for Counter Terrorism Special Operations training. Sure sounds like the easily depressed delicate bookworm type to me. Probably lurked on LBO.

An Army colonel from West Point who served in the 82an Airborne in Honduras in the 80s (read Contra operations) and volunteered for Iraq doesn't blow his brains out when he discovers rotten security contractors. He writes reports.

Seems pretty clear to me Westhusing was going to rat them out and they wasted him. I don't need to construct a conspiracy theory--it practically writes itself.

Intrepid Army investigators always looking for more work ask themselves is this a suicide short story, or a long messy novel about homicide to cover up out of control death squads that leads to god knows where?

CG