[lbo-talk] We can lose, or we can just lose later

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 18:54:27 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/28/2005 3:47:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, lbo.boddi at gmail.com writes:

You're just wrong. Soldiers have SWORN AN OATH TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Do you people not understand this? Are you just incapable of dealing with this? Soldiers swear an oath specifically NOT to sustitute their own judgement for the orders of their government. THAT is why we trust them with all those weapons. Should they go around saying: "You know I swore an oath to follow orders, but the Arab League (or the Mormon church, or the Aryan Nations, or Pat Robertson, or the Italian Communist Party or whoever) thinks it's a bad idea so screw you" ?

Soldiers swear the same oath that civilian government employees (including the President of the United States) swear. It says that you will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and to perform the duties of your office to the best of your abilities. I made the same oath and I don't take it to mean that I will do whatever I am told.

Sergio -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20051128/4277f203/attachment.htm>