[lbo-talk] The English Soldier's Oath of Allegiance

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 28 21:41:32 PST 2005

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com Mon Nov 28 21:00:19 PST 2005:

> Right, Yoshie, except we use the English way. American soldiers are
> held responsible for following illegal orders. We got out system
> FROM the British. Our soldiers swear to protect the Constitution.
> Soldiers are only protected if they follow LEGAL ORDERS ONLY (is
> this really a point you cannot understand?) . Thus your little
> quote proves my point.

And yet you say you run up to any old guy in uniform and thank him for his service, when you know NOTHING about whether the man actually followed "LEGAL ORDERS ONLY."

Besides, your contempt for international law is as deep as John R. Bolton's ("Is International Law Really Law?" <http://www.fed-soc.org/ Publications/practicegroupnewsletters/internationalnews/in020101.htm>).

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>