[lbo-talk] The English Soldier's Oath of Allegiance

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 29 07:56:48 PST 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
>
> > Finally, you have not put forward any rational concept of
> > international law at all.
>
> ....The way you talk about law and orders,
> there is no such thing as illegal orders, . . .

I want to repeat my earlier point that this whole thread has been distorted from the git-go by b.s.'s initial framing of it. It's main result has been to create static between posters who, while disagreeing, didn't need to disagree in quite such a hostile way had the topic been decently framed. Whatever his intentions, b.s. contributes nothing useful to any discussion among leftists.

Carrol