[lbo-talk] Re: Instinct

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Tue Nov 29 11:32:00 PST 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Arash wrote:

> My point here isn't about the stability of categories, it's about the
> evolutionary puzzle of near-exclusive homosexuality, which you denied
> existed.

If near-exclusive homosexuality didn't exist in human prehistory, there's no puzzle to be solved. --Assuming that near-exclusive homosexuality/heterosexuality existed hundreds of thousands of years ago is wild conjecture that is not even supported by primate analogies. Based on our nearest primate cousins, it's much more realistic of assume that early humans engaged in various kinds of opportunistic heterosexual and homosexual sex. (Ah, the good old days--)

Miles