[lbo-talk] the underprivileged soldier?

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:19:08 PST 2005

Tell me of an organization offering every year tens of thousands of entry-level jobs with excellent benefits and training that young people can afford to ignore. Th eUS military is a huge employer, woven into the fabric of class relations and our society as a whole. Encouraging young people not to join the military and making people aware of high-prssure recruiting in high schools are worthy means of protest and here in Seattle we are leading the way on the recruitment issue. Once a person is in, the situation is different. They are fulfilling a sworn obligation to their community.