[lbo-talk] At least MSNBC has a working B.S. detector

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Nov 30 08:53:10 PST 2005

Just caught a surreal moment on MSNBC, which I almost missed because I was in the process of turning off the TV as I had finished preparing breakfast. MSNBC was showing footage from an live interview they did this morning with Laura Bush. The MSNBC reporter was some young cutie who was being given a tour of the White House Christmas decorations by the First Lady. She let Laura Bush go on for a few minutes about the flowers on the trees and the theme, "All things bright and beautiful."

So the first or second question out of the reporter's mouth--just when I was reaching for the remote and thinking that the whole thing reminded me of the Stepford Wives--was a question from the reporter about when the troops in Iraq are going to be brought home. Laura Bush was evidently caught by surprise a little bit, because she looked at the camera before launching into a little sound bite about when the troops would be coming home.

Chuck