[lbo-talk] "Gloom and doom" - Bush, Sr.

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 16:05:56 PST 2005

Thurs., Dec 1's Radio Schizo will cover "Dark Post-Punk" -- tune in!

http://www.myspace.com/radio_schizo

"When an atheist casts a cool eye on the world, he must always find Satan a more likely hypothesis as ruling principle than a Saviour."

--Angela Carter, _The Sadeian Woman_

Maybe it's because of the approaching December chill, maybe it's because I've been depressed as fuck lately-- but this Thursday's RADIO SCHIZO is themed around what I'll call "dark post-punk" from about 1978-1985.*

That means moody, GUITAR-DRIVEN, post punk rock. NO drum machines. No synths (well, unless they're employed in a really cool way, like The Screamers and Nervous Gender). No Death in June, no Sisters of Mercy. No wanky neo-goth. No campy, kitschy horror stuff. Just gloomy, moody, ponderous post-punk - GANG OF FOUR, WARSAW/JOY DIVISION/UK DECAY/THE EX, etc.

You can send requests.

-B.

*Well, for the most part.