[lbo-talk] The Working-Poor Draft

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 30 16:57:37 PST 2005

Dick Lodge wrote:

>well, as a datapoint, my other son joined the service after the way.
>
>1. he wouldn't fit doug's stereotype of cold-blooded killer

Every individual doesn't have to match the central tendency; they're trained to kill (and as someone observed in the early days of the Iraq war, the US military is very good at killing people); they may suffer severe regret and trauma after the war is over. People do all kinds of things in war they'd never do before or after it.

Doug