[lbo-talk] Re: Minutemen step up US border patrol in secret locations

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 1 06:50:24 PDT 2005

"Steven L. Robinson" <srobin21 at comcast.net> posted this article:

By Tim Gaynor

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N30178285.htm

BROWNSVILLE, Texas, Sept 30 (Reuters) - A U.S. militia group will launch a month-long sweep for illegal immigrants along the border with Mexico this weekend, stepping up a campaign that has raised fears of violence.

Volunteers plan to gather at seven sites between San Diego, California, and Brownsville, Texas, throughout October to scour the deserts for illegal immigrants and report them to the U.S. Border Patrol so they can be arrested.....(deleted for brevity) **********************************************************************************

"Illegal immigrants" are hired by employers who want to exploit labour power at a cheaper price. What a deal they get too: the best, strongest and brightest, the most artful dodgers are usually the ones who make it safely over the border and in to the backwaters of America's labour pool. The same can be said of the French, British, German....poltically bordered labour pools.

Ultra-nationalist, fascistic fools like the Minutemen always blame international workers for wanting a job, for wanting to enjoy a higher standard of living. Because labour skills are commodities on the capitalist market, they rightly sense that an increase in supply will potentially lower their own price--especially, as they are almost always narrow individualists. "Me? Organize? Too much bureaucracy. I'm an individual." They never want to arrest or imprison or harrass members of the employing class for the very important role they play in these nationalist/border "illegalities". "Arrest the masters? Are you kidding? Doms are good. I love my boss. We're subs."

International class conscious solidarity amongst proles is the solution to this floating crap game. But until that comes about, it'll be divide, rule and exploit which will rule the roost. That and calls for more policing power from right-wing nuts like the Minutemen.

Regards, Mike B)

****************************************************************** "The insight into the fact that thinking is mediated by objectivity does not negate thinking, nor does it negate the objective laws that make it thinking."

Adorno, NEGATIVE DIALECTICS

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal