[lbo-talk] Poll of Top 5 Public Intellectuals! Vote For Chomsky!

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 23:41:22 PDT 2005

I voted for

Chomsky Armartya Sen Richard Posner Eric Hobsbawm Jean Baudriallard

A sort of whitish male and Eurocentric list, but I didn't know a lot of the third world people, my ignorance, and I didn't think the women listed (not many) were in the league of these writers. Martha NUssbaum's impressive, but she's a notch down from any of my choices. Camille Paglia?! Give me a break.

My wild card I used on Mike Davis.

Habermas and Rorty probably belong on the list, shows how arbitrary this sort of thing is. I bet I'm the only person on this list to vote for Posner! jks

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=3249