[lbo-talk] David Harvey's "The New Imperialism"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 2 09:47:47 PDT 2005

Zachary Levenson wrote:

>If I want to understand this book, what else do I need to read
>besides his "Limits to Capital" and Arrighi's "The Long Twentieth
>Century"? Is anything else necessary? Also, does anyone know if
>"Limits to Capital" is still out of print?

Wow Verso let it go out of print too? I don't feel so bad now. Let's hope their forthcoming Osama bin Laden collection boosts their cashflow.

"The New Imperialism" seems pretty much self-contained to me. I don't think you need to read much other stuff to understand it. But maybe that's because I've read the other things you mention.

At 10:52 PM +0900 10/2/05, Zachary Levenson wrote:
>levenson at rerf.or.jp
>Zachary.Levenson at gmail.com
>http://rebenson.blogspot.com

Great pix!