[lbo-talk] JetBlue: Outsourcing Our Safety

Mark S bunyak1 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 13:40:01 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

>But if the planes are flown here, it's the US's responsibility to regulate
>them, no? In any case, he should have proved that rather than treating it
>as self-evident.

I thought that article was pretty ignorant and slanderous to El Salvadoreans. My dad once worked for a small airline that had its licence revoked on maintenance concerns. Not after an accident, but on concerns. I understand that the FAA oversees everything that U.S. airlines do, including the explicit approval of any vendor that performs any type of maintenance on any aircraft registered in the U.S.

TACA hasn't had an accident due to equipment failure since 1959. So much for incompetent Latinos...

M.

_________________________________________________________________ Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.