[lbo-talk] JetBlue: Outsourcing Our Safety

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 2 14:22:53 PDT 2005

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Doug-- These accusations of racism around trade issues are getting really
>ridiculous.

No, it's the use of racist stereotypes by labor partisans in trade issues that's getting really ridiculous. I didn't write that ugly passage - Harold Meyerson did. I didn't write about the threat of Chinese takeover of our utilities - Joan Claybrook did. I didn't hold up signs in Seattle worrying about the influx of Mexican truckers - the Teamsters did. Etc. Organized labor in the US has a disgraceful history on these issues, and they still haven't shaken the habit. Yes there are honorable exceptions, but your pointing to them doesn't excuse the troglodytes.

Doug