[lbo-talk] Poll of Top 5 Public Intellectuals! Vote For Chomsky!

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Sun Oct 2 19:47:14 PDT 2005

At around 2/10/05 2:41 am, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> I voted for
>
> Chomsky
> Armartya Sen
> Richard Posner
> Eric Hobsbawm
> Jean Baudriallard

chomsky sen singer (had to do that ;-)) krugman dyson

to be honest, i think dawkins, wilson, weinberg are good choices, but i disagree with their attitudes, so no vote ;-).

> A sort of whitish male and Eurocentric list, but I
> didn't know a lot of the third world people, my
> ignorance, and I didn't think the women listed (not
> many) were in the league of these writers. Martha
> NUssbaum's impressive, but she's a notch down from any
> of my choices. Camille Paglia?! Give me a break.

nussbaum: two notches, IMHO. funny ones: friedman of course. wolfowitz?! and then: salman rushdie?? hitchens?

> My wild card I used on Mike Davis.

wild card: roger penrose.

michael perelman was missing too! and georg gadamer! lynn margulis...

> Habermas and Rorty probably belong on the list, shows

others have probably already pointed it out, but both these men *are* on the list.

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!