[lbo-talk] Bloomberg and City Govt in the US (was Freddy - even his supporters don't like him)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 3 09:47:06 PDT 2005

Paul wrote:

>I can certainly see "Ferrer isn't all that good" [NB he is the
>Democrat candidate]. But how can one say "Bloomberg isn't all that
>bad"?

Aside from same-sex marriage, I doubt a Dem administration would have behaved much differently on your top (or bottom) ten list. And Ferrer holds great potential to be a profound embarrassment - he seems confused, dissembling, and not very bright.

A couple of goodies from today's NYT:

>For his part, Mr. Ferrer, taking questions after criticizing Mr.
>Bloomberg's failed West Side stadium push, appeared unprepared for a
>reporter's question about Mr. Bennett's remarks and the mayor's
>response.
>When asked to comment on what Mr. Bennett had said, he turned to an
>aide and asked if the campaign had issued a statement on it, then
>paused for 10 seconds before answering.

>Mr. Ferrer is a heavily scripted candidate, and prefers to focus on
>the big picture.

Shades of W. Could you imagine this guy trying to take on Wall Street or the Real Estate Board of New York?

Doug