[lbo-talk] Supreme Court pick

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Oct 3 09:56:00 PDT 2005

Am I really awake this morning? Why is that every time I run across news this morning about Bush's new Supreme Court pick, I break out in fits of laughter?

Did Karl Rove get another kidney stone removed? Is Bush's inner circle pulling a practical joke on him? Why in the world would Bush nominate HIS OWN LAWYER at a time when his ratings have sunk because of widespread anger over administration corruption and cronyism?

Hey, it gets even funnier. The right-wing nutjob community is angry about the pick and they are pointing out the cronyism. http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1003-06.htm

Visualize Jon Stewart rubbing his eyes over this one. Reality is stranger and more funny than fiction sometimes.

Chuck