[lbo-talk] Re: Poll of Top 5 Public Intellectuals! Vote For Chomsky!

ravi listmail at kreise.org
Mon Oct 3 09:56:48 PDT 2005

At around 3/10/05 11:58 am, BklynMagus wrote:

> I voted for:
>
> Gates

surely, you jest?!!

(this be the man who proclaimed that networking was of no importance, as late as the early 90s. and that's just the tip!).

=================

we used to have an old joke:

bill clinton, michael jordan, the dalai lama and bill gates are on a plane. in the midst of some serious turbulence, the pilot makes an unexpected appearance and announcing that engines have failed and there is no hope, he straps on a parachute, points to three additional ones available, and leaps off the plane.

"i am the leader of the world! the most powerful man! the world needs me!", exclaims clinton, grabs a parachute, and jumps out the plane.

"i am the world's smartest man! the world needs me!" shouts gates, grabbing the second parachute and off he goes, tumbling down the air.

the dalai lama looks at jordan and says, "son, i am an old man whose time is past. i have passed on my knowledge to others and i am at peace with the world. i am ready to go. you are the world's greatest sportsperson and have a lot to offer. you take the one remaining parachute".

jordan reaches out and pats the dalai lama, with a wink: "no worries, pops! the smartest man in the world just jumped out with my backpack!".

oh you mean henry louis gates... sorry! ;-)

--ravi

-- If you wish to contact me, you will get my attention faster by substituting "r" for "listmail" in my email address. Thank you!