[lbo-talk] Re: Bloomberg and City Govt in the US

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 3 10:43:06 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Doug writes:

> Aside from same-sex marriage, I doubt a
Dem administration would have behaved much differently on your top (or bottom) ten list.

And aside from chattel slavery, the antebellum South wasn't very different from the antebellum North. But at least there was some resistance to the huge human rights issue of the time.

> And Ferrer holds great potential to be a
profound embarrassment - he seems confused, dissembling, and not very bright.

And businessman Bloomberg is an even more profound embarrassment. His whole way of thinking makes me deeply ashamed.

> Could you imagine this guy trying to take on
Wall Street or the Real Estate Board of New York?

At least he might have people in his administration that would at least try to take on these monsters. Bloomberg is so far up these guys' asses there is no hope for change. As Al Sharpton said: Bloomberg has time for Blacks when they are making him pancakes and wearing his buttons, but he won't face them when they an ask questions. Bloomberg is just as racist/classist as Guiliani, he is merely subtle about it.

Brian Dauth Queer Budhist Resister